Tuesday, November 28, 2006

gratitude

L to R: Cindy (hostess), me, Laura (she's Canadian too, eh?)

I celebrated my first official American Thanksgiving last week, November 23rd. It was a great day of food, fun, and fellowship... not to mention hard-core, high-stakes ping pong! Celebrating with friends (some old, some new) was a great feeling--we were adults.*

One thing I am thankful for: I do not have to eat tofurkey often. Phew! It really wasn't that bad, I s'pose. Tofurkey aside, I'm grateful to C. and D. for opening up their hearth and home to foreigners and orphans alike, on this, the day of uniting people, giving thanks for what we have, and enjoying each other's company. And I'm so glad we didn't do it "old school" by including a scalping or two. ;>

For more photos, check out www.newvick.shutterfly.com

____________________
*See the blog entry "pupa" for more on this adult issue.

2 Comments:

At 4/12/06 7:35 PM, Blogger -m-a-r-t- said...

How absolutely exciting. Great picture vicki - totally work that sweater! LOve it.

 
At 4/12/06 7:38 PM, Blogger -m-a-r-t- said...

okay, upon closer inspection of the 31 pictures via slideshow I must edit my last comment...

- totally work that awesome top!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home